Stephanie Irene Greene’s infant, who was just a month and half old, had passed away. It was a mystery at first…
Back in November, the Spartanburg County, South Carolina sheriff’s department received a 911 call about a dead baby. They arrived to find that
But toxicology tests would later reveal that the child died of a lethal overdose of morphine. And that got detectives investigating.
It turns out that Stephanie was dope addict — and that she was much too stupid to know that all that dope she was doing was being passed along to the child through her boob.
From 2009 until a month after the child died, she’d been using fake prescriptions to score painkillers through pharmacies. It took detectives all this time to put together a case, but they’ve now charges her homicide by child neglect and 38 counts of violating drug distribution laws.
See our last story from the Drugs file: Angela Henderson Wouldn’t Let Kids Use the Toilet; Needed Clean Urine for Drug Test.