Browsing: Poison

toxic coffee mug-150.jpeg

The morning of October 15 was fairly normal for John Huffstutler, a supervisor at the St. Louis Zoo — until he left his coffee unattended for a short spell, then came back and take a sip. He was soon doubled over with nausea and a burning throat. Zoo officials determined it was motor oil. And he wasn’t the only one to report such an incident: A maintenance employee said that in September, she’d taken a sip of her Pepsi after leaving it unattended and felt similar toxic sensations. Riverfront Times has the story